This one is definitely a keeper! I am trying to do at least one new recipe a week, and this week’s was a hit! Minimal ingredients, super easy to make and sooooooo yummer in my tummers!
Serves 3-4 people
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 white onion, sliced
8 to 9 large cloves garlic, sliced thinly
4 medium zucchini, about 1 1/2 pounds
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
Salt and pepper
1. Melt oil in a heavy 4-quart pot over medium heat.
2. Add the sliced garlic and onions and cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent. Keep the heat low enough that the garlic doesn’t brown; you want everything to sweat.
3. When the onions are soft, add the zucchini and cook until soft. Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
4. Simmer at a low heat for about 45 minutes (or about 20 minutes if you have a pressure cooker).
5. Let cool slightly, then blend with an immersion blender until creamy, or transfer to a standing blender to puree. Be very careful if you use the latter; only fill the blender half full with each batch, and hold the lid down tightly with a towel.
6. Taste and season with ginger, salt and pepper. I found that in needed a generous amount of salt and pepper.
Enjoy the creamy goodness!
Adapted from theKitchn