Vegan mashed potatoes with almond milk, so easy and yummy.
It was last Friday and I was supposed to go out to a friend’s house. I was planning on making a dessert and bring it over but, by the time I got my act together, all the grocery stores were closed. :S
In a slight panic, I opened my fridge and saw that it was pretty empty. Shoot.
But I did have potatoes and leftover gravy from my vegan lentil loaf with mushroom gravy that I had made a couple of days back. Aha! Mashed potatoes anyone? Not as exciting as dessert, I know, but maybe just as delicious?
I didn’t have much (vegan) butter to make a creamy texture so I added some olive oil and almond milk instead. The vegan mashed potatoes almond milk recipe was born. 🙂
Ingredients for Vegan Mashed Potatoes Almond Milk
- 3 pounds (about 7-8 medium sized) golden potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Vegan Mashed Potatoes Almond Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place garlic cloves onto a sheet of foil paper and drizzle with the olive oil. Wrap up and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water add the salt and bring to a boil. Cook until you can poke them with a fork easily.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove the skin and add the roasted garlic + the remaining ingredients.
- Mash everything and enjoy!
Note: Be VERY careful is using a blender to mash the potatoes, you run the risk of making them glue-like. I know because I have made this mistake in the past. For more tips on how to make mashed potatoes see here.