Okay folks, are you ready for this one? Three ingredient vegan mango mousse. It is possible and it’s insanely delicious!
We had a friend come a few days ago and I was scrambling for a dessert. We had super ripe mangos that I wanted to use and a couple of cans or coconut milk. I decided to throw the two together and I was so incredibly pleased with the result. It was the perfect mousse-like consistency and the perfect amount of mango tartiness and maple syrup sweetness. Try it for yourself and see. 🙂
- 1 mango
- *1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- *Place the coconut milk in the fridge
- Peel mango and remove mango meat
- Place the mango meat with the maple syrup in a high powered blender/food processor and puree.
- Open the can coconut milk and remove only the sold white part into a mixing bowl. (I usually drink the liquid, it's delicious!).
- Add the mango-maple syrup puree to the bowl.
- Using a hand mixture, whip it up! Whip until super smooth.
- Place the mousse in the fridge until served.
- The amount of time that the coconut milk should be chilled depends on where it was stored. It was stored in a cool place you may be able to skip this process entirely but if it's warmer, you will need to chill the can. Basically you want the coconut meat to separate from the coconut milk (the liquid from the can).