You know what I love more than desserts? Healthy desserts of course! And even cooler than healthy desserts are desserts with unassuming ingredients. 🙂 These black bean brownies with coconut oil make the cut.
We had a friend and fellow foodie coming over to dinner and I wanted a dessert to please and surprise! I love adding unusually healthy ingredients into my desserts and so I thought of a black bean brownie recipe. I added oats, as oats are super versatile, work great as a regular flour replacer and taste delicious, along with some coconut oil and chocolate chips (don’t skimp out on the chocolate chips, they are a must).
The result was healthy delicious goodness. 🙂 The perfect combination of fudge and chocolate. We stored them in the fridge for a few days and they were still moist. Try it for yourself and see!
- 1 can black beans
- *1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 handfuls chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients in a food processor, except for the chocolate chips, and blend until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix by hand
- Grease your baking pan
- Pour in the batter and smooth over with a spoon
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top
- Bake for about 25 minutes
- Let it cool for at 20 minutes if you can wait that long 😛
- *make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you have a gluten allergy/intolerance