I love food that I can freeze! I usually make tons of veggie burgers, throw them in the freezer and then eat them for a long time. These freeze really well!
Servings: 6 (large)-8 (small) burgers
2.5 cups adzuki beans (cooked)
2 cups cooked buckwheat (this is 1/2 cup uncooked)
3 tablespoons ground chia
9 tablespoons water
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
1/4 cup psyllium husk
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin powder
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon braggs
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt, to taste
grapeseed oil, for frying
1. Mix the chia and 9 tbsp water. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
2. Chop onion and garlic into tiny bits or use a food processor.
3. In a big bowl, mix together buckwheat, beans, chia mixture, psyllium, onion, garlic and spices
4. Take about half of that mixture and add to the food processor and process just until pretty soft
5. Combine the processed half with the rest of the mixture in the bowl and then form patties
6. On a lightly oiled skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes each side
Serve with your choice of bread, grain, greens or whatever else you fancy!
Adapted from The Simple Lens