Ingredients for Warm Quinoa Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 squash (I used acorn, but you can choose your fancy)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (or any other bean)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp each olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice and freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds (or any other nut), chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- fresh chopped mint for garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
Directions for Warm Quinoa Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Wash and cook quinoa in veggie broth
- Add all ingredients to the cooked quinoa and toss together
- Place quinoa mixture into the squash “bowl”
- Enjoy with your favourite side of greens
For a video of another acorn squash recipe (which is also pretty entertaining), this out.