Friends, I’m not ready for summer to end and this vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe is a testament to that. I love LOVE vegan cheesecakes and this vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe has been one of my favourite desserts this summer. It was my sister-in-law’s birthday and it was my job to make the cake! I wanted a crowd pleaser so opted for chocolate. Who doesn’t love chocolate? Chocolate is always a safe bet. 🙂 I use my traditional base of nuts and dates and made the filling out of bananas and cocoa. The combination of bananas and chocolate is wonderful. The number of desserts that have been created by these two simple and delicious ingredients is plenty, I’m sure. I decided to keep the recipe simple and easy. The result? Pure chocolatey heaven. 🙂
- 1 cup soaked dates
- 1 cup almonds (or any other nuts like almonds, pecans)
- 1/2 shredded coconut
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- meat from can of coconut milk (this is the solid part)
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup soaked dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Soak cashews & dates, separately (you can do this overnight or if you are like me and forget, I usually just soak them in very warm water for about 10-20 minutes).
- Throw all the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture starts to form a ball.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add all the filling ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
- Grease a cake pan with some coconut oil and pad down the crust mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Smooth it out.
- Pour the chocolate filling ingredients into the pan, on top of the crust and smooth out as well.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!
Here are a list of my other vegan cheesecakes:
Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe