Banana cream pie is my favourite. It’s the perfect feel good, reminds me of home dessert! This no bake vegan banana cream pie recipe hits the spot folks.
We had another games night with a couple of pals and I was to bring dessert. I wanted to make a banana cream pie and needed to make it vegan in a way that no one could tell it was vegan. 😛 I opted to make it raw instead of cooked (though I will be experimenting with a cooked version very soon – stay tuned!) and needed to think of something quick. I had cashews and coconut milk and knew that such a combination would result in deliciousness. I used Minimalist Baker and The Rawtarian and adapted from their recipes.
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup soaked dates
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- *Meat from 1 can of full fat/premium coconut milk (this is the solid part)
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp of salt (start with 1/2 tsp and then add another 1/4 if you want more)
- 1/4 cup soaked dates
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (add more if you want more tangy)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (add more if you want it more sweet)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Combine the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined and sticky.
- Pat down the crust mixture into your cake/pie pan so that it's smooth and flat.
- Combine all the filling ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor and go to town! Blend until completely smooth.
- Poor the filling batter into the cake/pie pan.
- Freeze overnight.
- Make sure to use full fat or premium because light coconut milk won't work. You will need to use the solid part of the milk. You can save the liquid from the can for another recipe or simple drink the milk as I do, it's delicious!
Top with some sliced bananas and my coconut milk whipped cream frosting.