This is by far the best tandoori tofu recipe. I have tried many over the years and this one takes the cake! (or tofu, hehe).
My aunt who is a fabulous cook uses this recipe for chicken, I just replaced the chicken for tofu and it was delicious! Not only that, but it was incredibly easy to make – the perfect quick weekday meal.
Ideally, you will want to prep this the night before.
Ingredients for Tandoori Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu, sliced
- 1 cup yogurt (use vegan yogurt if you’re vegan)
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2-2 tsp red chilli powder (I use 2 but I like it spicy!)
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Directions for Tandoori Tofu
- Combine all the ingredients, except the tofu, into a bowl
- Add tofu slices to the sauce mixture and ensure that all the tofu is covered with the sauce
- Marinade overnight in the fridge (or a couple of hours)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 on bake
- Oil a baking tray and place tofu onto tray (you will have excess sauce, use it as a dip if you please!)
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for about 40 minutes
- Remove the foil paper and broil each side for about 5-10 minutes