Mexican salad in a jar! Part 2 of the mason jar lunch salad series (you can check out other lunch in a mason jar recipes). I have been very hard not to buy lunch. :S The problem is though, like most people, I don’t have the time or often the foresight to make lunch in advance. I love this Mexican salad in a jar recipe because it requires minimal prep and is so quick and easy to make. You can make a few of these and they will last at least 2 days in the fridge (longer if you don’t add the avocado in the jar but just before you are ready to eat).
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 cup black beans (canned or cooked)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup corn (I used canned)
- *1/2 an avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Using a medium sized mason jar, add the salsa
- Add the black beans
- Add the cilantro
- Add the corn
- Add the avocado
- Will keep in the fridge for about 3 days
- We use the lemon for taste but to also prevent the avocado from going brown. You can also cut and use the avocado right before you eat it to prevent any browning from happening.
I was wondering what size you are referring to when you say “medium sized” mason jar. A pint or a quart?
Great question! I used a pint. 🙂