These grain free almond butter cookies are the result of my love for almond butter. I’m loving almond butter these days. Well, I love almond butter most days but because I’m currently on a zero to little grains diet, almond butter has become a staple in my pantry.
I was heading over to a girlfriend’s house and told her that I would bring dessert. I had plenty of almond butter in the fridge so decided to experiment with these grain free almond butter cookies. They turned out fabulous!
- 1/2 cup almond flour (if you don’t have almond flour, just use another 1/2 of almond butter)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- handful of chocolate chips
- *1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia + 3 tbsp of water)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Combine 1 tbsp of ground chia with 3 tbsp of water in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda into a bowl.
- Combine the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and chia + water mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Slowly fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a tbsp spoon, add the cookie dough on the parchment paper and flatten to the desired thickness.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies start to brown.
- Cool on the pan for 20 minutes before removing (if you can wait that long :P).
- *If you don't have chia/are not vegan you can replace with one egg.
Check out my post for What To Eat with Almond Butter, for some more almond butter inspiration!