Friends, this dairy free mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe makes me so happy in my heart. 🙂 My favourite type of ice cream is mint chocolate chip and it’s always been that way. This flavour brings me back to my childhood. I imagine little Kiran eating a huge bowl full of mint chocolate chip ice cream, way more than she needed, with ice cream all over her face. Not much has changed except for the fact that now the ice cream is a dairy free mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe. 🙂
I’m a fan of all store-bought vegan ice cream options, but it’s so difficult to find mint chocolate chip. I decided to experiment with this ultra simple and easy recipe (only 4 ingredients!) without an ice cream maker. It came out absolutely delicious! I will be making this one again and again. Try it for yourself and let me know how it comes out.
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- handful of (vegan) chocolate chips, optional
- Throw all ingredients, except the chocolate chips if using, into your high powered blender (I use my Blendtec) or food processor and mix until totally smooth and you can't see any spinach pieces.
- Pour the mixture into a tupperware and stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Freeze overnight.
- I didn't use an ice cream maker for this so the ice cream did turn out a bit crystalized. I don't mind this but you could probably add some coconut oil to make it creamer / use an ice cream maker.
Super simple! I love that you’ve used spinach for the green colour, and then you get bonus nutrients!
Thanks Emma! And the best part is that you can’t even taste the spinach. 😉
I was a bit taken by surprise to see spinach in the ingredient list, but I’m glad to see (from your comment above) that you can’t taste it! I haven’t been able to find a good lactose-free mint chip ice cream either, so this definitely caught my eye. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
You are most welcome Mara! The spinach is awesome because you can’t taste it, it’s secretly healthy and it gives it the minty green colour. 🙂