I love LOVE okra! I love the texture, I love the colour and I especially like the way it tastes in a Pakistani curry – so tangy and savory!
Our apartment has some water problems and so we have been staying with my Mom for a few days. That means getting Mom’s home-cooked meals 🙂
Today she made bhindi and it was awesome!
3 cups chopped bhindi
3 tbsp oil (I use grapeseed)
1 medium onion sliced
1 small green chilli whole
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp tumuric
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chat masala
1/4 chilli flakes
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat
2. Add bhindi (okra) and fry until it just STARTS to brown
3. Mix in all the spices and onions
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes
5. Adjust spices to taste if desired
6. Remove from heat and serve with rice roti with a side of your favourite greens (I like to throw in some tofu for my protein)
Courtesy of my Mom 🙂
i LOVE okra!!! i’m going to try making this! thanks for the post friend!